BAKED PORK CHEEK WITH BASMATI RICE AND CARAMELISED ONION GARNISH
4 Pork cheeks.
2 Onions cut into thin slices.
4 sweet potatoes or yams cut into quarters. Can also be made with potatoes.
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
50 millilitres of red wine.
½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
½ teaspoon salt.
2 tablespoons of GUAiNOS Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Cilantro.
2 tablespoons GUAiNOS Wine Jam.
- Place the pork cheeks in a glass baking dish. Make a crosscut in each cheek.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, pepper, salt, coriander, and red wine.
- Drizzle the cheeks with this mixture, cover them with cling film, and leave them to marinate for an hour. Turn them over so that both sides absorb the liquid very well.
- Place the onions in a frying pan over low heat with a tablespoon of GUAiNOS Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Let them caramelise, turning occasionally, until they are a dark golden brown. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Prepare a white rice with garlic and bay leaf, which you always make to your liking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Remove the cling film from the dish and place the quartered sweet potatoes between the cheeks. Add the other tablespoon of GUAiNOS Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil over them in a trickle, making sure it is well distributed.
- Bake in the oven, turning them so that they brown gradually. Every time you open the oven to turn them, with the help of a spoon, bathe them in their own juices before putting them back in, the meat must always be hydrous.
- When the cheeks are done (toasted on the outside and soft on the inside), and the sweet potatoes are roasted, remove the baking tray and cover with aluminium foil.
- Prepare a slightly deep dish, and spread the white rice, covering the bottom.
- Spread the caramelised onion on top of the rice.
- Then place the baked cheeks. Surround them with the sweet potatoes, as you like.
- Heat the GUAiNOS Wine Jam for 10 seconds in the microwave and spoon it into the centre of each cheek.
- If you would rather, do it in a pastry ring on each of the plates, follow the same order. It looks nice and well presented