CREAM CHEESE AND SMOKED SALMON STUFFED ENDIVE CANOES
4 tender endives.
150 g smoked salmon.
200 g Philadelphia cream cheese or similar at room temperature.
1 tablespoon of milk.
2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled onions.
¼ cup whole pickled onions for garnish.
½ tablespoon finely chopped fresh Dill.
1 tablespoon Baby Capers.
1 teaspoon Lemon juice.
1 turn of cayenne pepper mill.
Sea salt to taste.
¼ cup Green Olives stuffed with almonds for garnish.
2 tablespoons GUAiNOS Beer Jam.
½ tablespoon of GUAiNOS chilli flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
½ packet of fresh Alfalfa Sprouts.
Wooden skewers for decoration.
- Separate the endive leaves taking care not to break them. Wash well and drain.
- Cut the smoked salmon into long strips approximately 2 cm wide. Roll each one into a spiral and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and milk in a bowl. Beat with a fork or wire whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Add the chopped pickled onions, chopped dill, baby capers, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside in the fridge.
- Finally, drain the water from the olives and place them on absorbent kitchen paper. Once they are dry, put them in a bowl and bathe them in the chilli flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Set aside.
- In the centre of a serving dish, prepare a bed of alfalfa sprouts, on which the endive canoes are placed.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each canoe. Place them on top of the bed of alfalfa sprouts.
- In each canoe, place 3 smoked salmon rolls lengthwise.
- Thread a whole pickled onion on a wooden stick and stick it into the centre of the salmon roll at the end.
- At the other end, between the two salmon rolls, place an olive with the almond side up.
- Place the Beer Jam in a pastry bottle or sauce dispenser. On each canoe, we trace a line of Beer Jam along the length of the canoe.
- Apart from being delicious, the decoration is very pretty as they look like sailing boats and the alfalfa sprouts look like the sea.