FRIED CHICKEN HAMS WITH LEMON AND STEAMED VEGETABLES GARNISH
6 skinless chicken hams.
½ cup of white wine.
1 onion, diced.
1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
5 tablespoons of GUAiNOS BiO Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For marinating the chicken hams:
1 clove of garlic
1 sprig of parsley
Coarse salt to taste.
Ground pepper to taste.
1 and ½ tablespoons of GUAiNOS Orange flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the sautéed steamed vegetables:
4 small white potatoes with skin cut in half.
1 small, tender broccoli, cut into florets.
1 small, tender cauliflower cut into florets.
2 thin medium carrots cut into not too thick slices.
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander.
2 turns of Chef’s Pepper mill.
Sea salt to taste.
1 tablespoon of GUAiNOS chilli flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
From the chicken hams:
- Place the peeled and finely sliced garlic clove in a mortar and pestle. Add the salt, parsley, and pound into a paste. If you have a seasoning processor, it will be quicker.
- Add the GUAiNOS chilli flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil, coarse salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken hams, making sure they are well coated all over. If you can do this the day before, they will be more delicious, but if you don’t have time, a couple of hours will be enough.
- Heat the BiO Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a deep-frying pan over high heat. Brown the hams to seal them for a few minutes. Reserve the marinade liquid.
- When browned, lower the heat to medium and add the onion. Turn the onion and the chicken until golden brown.
- Mix the wine with the lemon juice and the liquid from the marinade. Cover the hams and raise the heat to medium high. Allow the liquid to reduce slightly.
- Cover the pan and place over medium-low heat. Wait 20 minutes for the liquid to reduce almost completely.
- Uncover the pan and allow the liquid to reduce. You will know it is ready when the chicken is juicy and golden brown. Set aside for plating.
From the sautéed steamed vegetables:
- Place the vegetables together in a steamer. Cook them but don’t let them cook all the way through, so that the potatoes are cooked but firm.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, let them cool to room temperature. This is very important so that they don’t fall apart when sautéing.
- Place the chilli flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When it comes to temperature, add the vegetables and sauté them, stirring them so that they take colour and do not stick together.
- Add the salt, fresh coriander and pepper. Sauté a little longer, turn off the heat, remove and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, place the chicken hams on one side.
- Heat the GUAiNOS Spicy Bloody Mary Jam for 5 seconds. Top each chicken ham with it using a teaspoon.
- Place the garnish of sautéed steamed vegetables on the side. Drizzle with the chilli oil left over from the frying pan