STEAMED RAZOR CLAMS WITH GARLIC AND FRESH CORIANDER.
- 1 kg of razor clams.
- 6 tablespoons of GUAiNOS Organic BiO Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh Cilantro.
- Sea salt flakes.
- 2 tablespoons of fine salt.
- 1 cup of Cava (can also be made with sparkling white wine).
- 1 large bay leaf.
- 2 tablespoons of GUAiNOS Cava Jam.
Of the razor clams before cooking:
- In a round glass or plastic container, we place one by one the razors standing in a circle, leaning against the edge of the container. Once the external circle is finished, we continue with another one internally until we finish placing them.
- Separately, we mix enough cold water with the fine salt and cover them. We have to leave them for at least two hours so that they release the sand, which will be deposited at the bottom of the container.
- After two hours, remove the razor clams and place them in a spaghetti strainer to drain well. We wash them one by one in the water jet to remove any remaining sand. Once drained. We take them out and dry them with kitchen paper. Set aside.
For the steamed razor clams:
- Place the garlic, coriander, BiO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt to taste in the glass of a hand blender (or in an American blender). Blend and emulsify the mixture, it will be a fine sauce. Set aside.
- Place the razor clams in a low saucepan or casserole. Heat over high heat and add the cava (or sparkling white wine). We wait a little while for it to reduce so that the alcohol evaporates.
- As soon as the wine is reduced, bathe the razor clams with the sauce we have prepared, add the bay leaf and cover the casserole. Let them cook covered for one minute.
- Remove the casserole from the heat. Remove the razor clams and reserve the liquid.
- Place the razor clams on a serving platter. Then bathe them with the sauce left in the casserole, reserving two spoonfuls.
- Heat the Cava Jam for 5 seconds, add the two spoonfuls of sauce and mix well. Pour into a sauce dish.
- Serve the scallops and each person can add the marmalade to taste. They are delicious, an exotic, unique combination.