SALAD OF ENDIVE, ROCKET, FETA CHEESE, SHRIMPS, WALNUTS AND FRESH FRUIT
150 g of shrimps.
150 g Feta cheese.
100 g of tender endive leaves.
50 g of rocket leaves.
100 g of fresh strawberries.
1 fresh Mango.
1 persimmon that is not too ripe.
100 g walnuts.
½ tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves.
½ tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
2 tablespoons of GUAiNOS Orange flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1 spoonful of GUAiNOS Cava Jam
Sea salt to taste.
Ground black pepper to taste.
- Peel the shrimps. Using a fork, pierce the midpoint of the back of each one, and remove the black strand. Wash, dry with absorbent kitchen paper and set aside.
- Drain the whey from the Feta cheese, dry with absorbent kitchen paper and cut into 1×1 cm cubes. Set aside.
- If we buy a bag of tender endive leaves, we do not need to cut it. If you buy a whole endive, remove the outer leaves, separate the rest of the leaves with your hands, wash them well and chop them. Drain them so that they are dry when it is time to assemble the salad.
- Arugula is usually available in bags and the leaves are already separated and ready to serve.
- Wash the strawberries very well and cut them lengthwise, first in half and then cut each half lengthwise again to obtain 4 pieces of each strawberry. You can cut them as you like, but lengthwise is great.
- Wash the mango, remove the skin and cut into small cubes.
- Wash and peel the persimmon and cut into cubes.
- Chop the nuts with your hands or with the help of a knife. A whole walnut half can be cut into 4 pieces.
- In a glass or crystal salad bowl, first place a bed of lettuce and then a bed of rocket.
- On the inside wall of the salad bowl, place the strawberries, leaving some distance from each other, and place the remaining strawberries in the centre.
- In between the strawberries, place the mango.
- In the centre of the salad, place the shrimps, cheese, walnuts, persimmon and mix them together.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette that we have just prepared, trying to spread the liquid with a spoon all over the salad. Do not stir.
- Keep in the fridge for 15 minutes so that it is well chilled when ready to serve.
- Once at the table, serve portions on plates, either as a starter to a meal or as an accompaniment to a fish dish.